As Product Manager, you will help guide our team to enhance our product line. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with our research and development (R&D) counterparts to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for our product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
A product manager’s key role is strategic, not tactical. The other organizations will support your strategic efforts; you won’t be supporting their tactical tasks.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Driving a solution set across the development team (primarily R&D, Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Proven experience in project management and software development
- Good working knowledge of project estimation techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel in North America and Europe
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Development, Software Development Management, Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of software marketing/product management experience.
- Knowledgeable in technology.
- Knowledge of Aerospace, Defense, and Government cost engineering and acquisition a strong plus.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
- US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION